Tuesday, December 27, 2005

God's Grace & Love..

Today I felt something I haven't felt for sometime....
As I was pouring out my feelings of sadness for my friend...I felt that I wasn't doing anything to help her...and it made me feel bad

I went to her house today together with my mum and 2 other aunties whom we know in church..none of us knew what to expect or do coz we don't know her actual needs or situation.

I really do admire my friend. She didn't give up on things but instead tried to take up the responsibility to take care of her family as she's the eldest daughter. Although she was emotionally discouraged at times, she took things in such a positive manner and remain strong. Something I dont know if I could carry if I was in her shoes.

I believe that God made it happen in a such a way that my mum's close friend, shared with the rest of the church members in one of their meetings about my friend the previous night. People were touched and started to donate some money to help my friend and one aunty even volunteered to come with us to visit her although she doesn't know her at all.

Now, my mum and the other 2 aunties are trying their best to get help from every source they could think of to help lift the few burdens off my friend's shoulders especially helping her with finances to complete her studies and I believe somehow its part of God's work in my friend's life.

The only thing all of us can do is to pray for her and her family that their burdens would be lifted by God and He will fill them with the strength that day need to get through each day. I pray that God will grant my friend the assurance that everything will turn out right with God by her side and she'll find peace in Him. And of course, God would ease her mum's pain and suffering as much as possible and come to know Christ as well...

Despite all that has happened, somehow God showed the 4 of us and my friend and her family hope...like something that caught my attention today.

The dark skies and heavy downpour with thunder and lightning are only for a short period and God can just clear them away and bring back the clear blue sky plus a beautiful rainbow. And that's my wish for my dear friend this coming new year.

No comments: