Saturday, August 20, 2005

TiOmAn RoCKs!!

Wow...its been a while since I've been to the beach for a holiday...and thanks to my parents...I got to go to the beautiful island off Pahang just before entering Johor....Tioman!!
The island surrounded by beautiful corals and marine life which just captivates ur eyes...blue water, clear skies (away from hazy kl)...sunny days...sandy beach..
Rooms were kampung-like style..but we got a connecting room...and walking was a must coz the resort was really big...so just to get to the reception and restaurants would take about 4-5 minutes...But the good thing was its so quiet and relaxing..
The boat ride to the island was horrible...coz the engine was really noisy and i could still hear it ringing in my ears even after I got off the boat...and as usual...my hyperactive stomach was growling away in hunger so once I got to the restaurant which took hours to prepare my meal...I gobbled everything and even ordered for another bowl of tioman laksa...
Next day was exciting though...coz its my 1st time snorkelling!You see, I have this fear of things beneath the sea water...so I was terrified la...and the 1st stop...I didnt dare to move around on my own...plus my mum panicked on water and she got sea sick after that...and my dad had a hard time trying to breathe with the snorkelling goggles through his mouth..lolz
So the 2nd stop, one of the assistants on the boat joined us snorkelling and offered to take me around to see interesting marine life...before I could say yes or no...he took my hand and there we went swimming around...I was shaking coz I was really scared...but after a while..I began to enjoy myself...looking at the things below despite being scared of the things moving below...
The final stop, we actually went exploring round the small island surround by beautiful swordfishes and corals as well as other fishes...
Hooray!! I conquered my fears...and it was a great experience...
But then...my arms ached like crazy after that coz of the swimming and the kickboxing I did the day before we headed for Tioman...
Anywayz...it was all worth it...Haha!!I had great holiday with my family....and thats wat counts...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow, got to go Tioman!! Haha, I still haven't have the chance to go on holidays yet...^_^