Sunday, September 24, 2006

First Week In Health Clinic....

Another week in the tiny town of Seremban has passed...and my weekend back home is also ending....**SOBS**New week's coming ahead..

Lifestyle here isnt much different than KL, just that its strange coz I'm living on my own... But I'm getting the hang of things although I've locked myself out of my room once and lost my car key...my mum had to drive up to send me the spare.

First weeek at the health clinic...very interesting...I've learnt a lot especially when attached to the IMU doc's teaching room...we look for patients at the out patient department and bring them to the IMU consultation room. Then we'll take history from the patient either on our own or in front of the doc. Later we'll also do physical examination on them under supervision by the doc. Doc will teach along the way and finally treat the patient like any other clinic consultation. So, its totally hands on teaching dealing with real patients.

Family Medicine docs are really nice and helpful in explaining stuff and teaching us how to take a good history for various common illnesses. Although we're grilled in everyway by loads of questions....it keeps us on our toes and not fall asleep halfway. I now have to read up on all the stuff I saw in the clinic...

Clinical phase is really interesting especially when it comes to learning...and there's someone to explain it all to you. The hard part is constantly being assesed even if we don't realised that we are. And each time the doc puts a higher expectation on us.

Things are definitely way more interesting at clinics..although socially, mine's still super dull unless I go out with my good friend whose my housemate. But in the end....its just soooo good to be back home....=P

No comments: