Friday, September 08, 2006

Life in C206 Seremban...

During Phase I of med school I always dreamed of quickly passing sem 5 and moving on to clinical phase. After overcoming challenge after challenge in Phase I, I thought no challenge can scare me anymore since sem 5 was already so hard.
But lo, and behold!! Welcome to Clinical School life in Seremban!! Great!! New place...new environment...sounds so cool and exciting!!

Well, after a week's orientation...the hype of it all has been washed away like a huge tsunami drowning all excitement and turning it to fear.
One simple mistake made by any student especially matters regarding punctuality, dress code and attendance are made known to the entire faculty of the school including the librarian.
School hours now equal working hours unlike previously where lecs were only 2 hours a day.
Everything involves independence where any form of guidance is limited to the very minimum.
Being a freshie there is no fun at all. Lots of tasks to prepare for.
The worst part is the fear of our teachers, the doctors. Having to make sure we give a good impression to the very detail of the way we dress from the very 1st day is how strict things are there. Most of there are pretty cold although seniors mentioned that most of the doctors are pretty nice.

Having a months break I've forgotten a whole bulk of stuff especially my clinical skills. That isnt helping at all and next week the torture begins. Talk about having no life in phase I...Look at Phase II!! Everyone's so busy there that there's no societies or clubs in the uni at all. The work load from sem6 itself is so heavy, imagine progressing to the next semesters with increasing difficulty levels.

Positively, learning will definitely become way more interesting as we will be able to see the real stuff instead of plastic models and pictures in books. A chance to get to know my shrunken batch much better is something I look forward to. Plus, got yummy food in Seremban...my favourite Hakka mee, beef noodles and siew pau....life isnt that miserable la. Just challenging and scary!!

But being tested and pushed out of my comfort zone has been a challenge I've been looking for and I believe this is what God is putting me through to mould me to be both a better person and doctor. So, just take every challenge one at a time....and be prepared lo!!=p

No comments: