Sunday, October 16, 2005

Praise Him!!

As I was leading this week's worship for MYF...without realising I had this great feeling of joy and happiness...Although I had slept late the previous night and was tired for waking up early today...but upon driving home....I realised that I had this great feeling of joy in me....
And my mind kept playing the song by Planet Shakers, "Praise Him" which I chose as one of the songs for worship today.
Having the feeling of thankfulness and gratitude to God for all things, even the little stuff...its so amazing coz you'll be able to enjoy almost everything in front and around you.
I watched Oprah on TV reporting the Katrina aftermath and the things revealed were so sad... My heart just melted away watching the video footage they showed....
It seemed worse than I imagined from watching the news...people whom they could never save (terminally ill, the old man was perpetually shivering) were actually left to die in a closed area they call the morgue "in peace", parents seperated from the children, no food, no water, gang fights in the dome where thousands of people lived including children. How were they supposed to live?
Yet despite all those sadness...there were still love and compassion among the people...they helped one another, supported each other, while they themselves were also suffering. Despite everything, families began to pull together, became stronger....strangers help save others.... and prayers were said each day asking God for help. I believe healing will take place...and a stronger community will be built.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Villager
A rainbow arcs over Pleasant Bay on the Harwich/Chatham line, but what is that big yellow globe in the sky? Time to look for the pot of gold or cue Dorothy and Toto.
Hi, you have a cracking blog here! I will certainly suggest my friends take a look at your blog ! I have an low cholesterol foods site. It very much handles that which equates to low cholesterol foods issues. If you have got the chance, please come and check it out.

Jarod said...

b grateful tat u stay in msia that are not having all tis disaster! Praise GOD 4 tat! all d best in what ever u do!