Friday, February 17, 2006

CoNFuSeD: Am I doing the right thing??

I know its the 2nd blog in the same early hours of the morning...but this is kinda bothering me

I just smsed a friend to not call or sms me anymore...

I've known this person since secondary school and being new and naive I was so happy that someone would actually try to be friends with me... But then, as time went by I realised that she wanted things from me which I could never, ever, possibly in my entire life give her.

However, I was soo insecure with myself at that time..I couldn't bear loosing a friend as I was new and didn't have that many friends in school. Plus, I liked the attention I was getting. Someone for once looking up to me.
I quickly realised that it was wrong to even think that way. That isn't me at all...That isn't what I've been brought up to be!

So, I made the decision to be a good friend. A friend that she could rely on. And well, she did really make full use of it. Calling me every night. Pouring out her problems which I think she exaggerates a lot just to get my attention. My guts tell me that she's taking advantage of my naiveness but well..I ignore it and thought I could change her.

I was sooo wrong...and soon I was relieved when she finished secondary school and I wont have to see her in school anymore. But she still does call me and try coming back to school to look for me. I remember making tons of excuses to get away.
Finally, its my turn to finish sec school and I moved on to continue with college and then uni.

Being busy and all she couldn't call me so much and therefore calling me was like twice a year thing. But everytime she calls...and when I show her some concern, she makes full use of it..and I get phone calls everyday for the week telling me about being sad, depressed, misunderstood, anything you can think of.

One night, I finally had the guts to tell her off that I can never talk to her or give her whatever she wants. And asked her not to call me.

And this year..being stupid, I smsed her a CNY wish...and Woosh!! She thought that we could be close again like before. And having a handphone was such a pain! Calling me and smsing me everyday... telling me that she's down...she's sad...I can't believe her anymore. I just couldn't stand it!! I can't deal with her!! I can't even get myself to confront her and talk to her on the phone when she called me!! I thought she grew up too like me and she would be different!! She never did!!

So when she smsed me again...just like every night now...I replied her sms telling her not to call me anymore that I'm uncomfortable talking to her and even requested for my number to be deleted.

I know that she's in need of a person to give her the attention she never had and all but she scares me a lot...I feel so bad right now....feel so guilty...I'm feeling guilty of having a sense of relief from having to deal with her everyday. I can't help but feel relieved. Am I a cruel person? Am I a bad person and friend? Coz I really don't want to be that kind of person...I really didn't want to hurt her!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey gal, was she the one u told me about last time? that senior??
I dunno what's right or what's wrong but in my opinion, I guess it's ok to tell someone when u're not comfortable with what he/she's doing. We might hurt them, true, the truth always hurts, but if it was me I'd rather tell them the truth, too. Dragging on can't solve anything...

Jarod said...

there r alot of people who need help, but we cant help them all. U r good d, juz that this world there r alot of different characters /behaviour /ppl in this world. We cant tolerate all le...thats all...GOD wil guide u! TAke K :)

Anonymous said...

I read your blog while searching the net for something. I believe the best way to deal with your friend is to tell her the truth, in a nice and loving way, how she is...i.e. brings you down with her probs, complains about the world. Church and a solid relationship with Jesus will guide you. Just don't give up on her that easy...God never gave up on us after all...u know. God Bless u