Saturday, November 12, 2005

GP PoSTiNG + PLANET SHAKERS!!

Well...I've reached the 4th week of a 5 week rotation which u can say is kind of a holiday except when you have some practicals scheduled and this week was GP Posting Week!! Basically I have to be at the clinic for 5 days observing the general practitioner do his job...and the clinic I chose was in Ampang.. I didnt know what to expect at the beggining and so I was nervous..but it turned out pretty well...
The doctor was really eager to teach me everything he possibly could...So here are some of the things I saw..
  1. Normal cases of flu and diarrhea
  2. Dengue cases
  3. Ultrasound of a fetus
  4. Examine some patients, take BP, watch taking of blood and blood glucose test
  5. Ultrasound of abdomen (saw gallbladder stones)
  6. ECG
  7. Learn how to do a spot diagnosis based on patient's symptoms
  8. Saw an actual patient with Parkinson's
  9. Saw another patient with "trigger finger"
  10. Saw x-ray of a fractured scapula, glenoid process and 6th, 7th and 8th rib
  11. Auscultate for "ronchi" (wheezing)
  12. Saw a patient with a full blown cataract

But the highlight of my week was attending Planet Shakers concert...it was amazing just to be there, among thousands of youths filling up Sunway Convention Centre...Feeling God's presence and getting excited to praise God with music....Unspeakable joy just fills my heart....Watching youths from all over the country and even from the South East Asian Region gather together, getting excited to praise and worship God...Wow!! On the last night the hall was so full...there wasn't enough seats eventhough they had already extended the hall further...

I think the best part of all was being there together with all the MYFers...getting excited and enjoying ourselves praising God together...Just hope that this excitement for God will grow even more and more in each and everyone of us...so much that it'll touch others' lives....

No comments: