Sunday, October 28, 2007

BiTTeR...SWeeT

Every year we celebrate the day we gain another year older...
Can't believe it...I've just turned 22 and its another 1+ year I should graduate if all goes well.

It seemed like yesterday I felt like I was the luckiest person ever to be able to celebrate my 21st with the entire family...the people that have special places in my heart (Just love my big family). And it seemed like yesterday I was told that my grandpa who hadn't been feeling well made an effort to wear his best outfit to celebrate my 21st with me when he could have remained on his bed. Both my grandpas in fact celebrated with me...

Today...I never thought I would miss him so much. We had another birthday dinner together as a family again...but this time...I was missing my grandpa. The guy whom I visit every weekend no matter what. The guy who seemed cool and emotionless but has lots of love to give especially to his grandchildren. The guy who got himself out of bed and dressed his best just to celebrate my 21st birthday although he was always unwell and lying on the bed.

I couldn't help but be reminded of last year...his presence with each of us. I never thought I would miss him so much. My eyes became teary but I held it back. It is a happy occasion and I'm sure he's happy for me too. But I miss him dearly. Somehow there's still that empty space in my heart. I still haven't adapted to the fact that he's gone...and that my Saturdays would be free from traveling to his house to visit him.

Nevertheless...I'm glad my mum still organized the dinner with the entire family although my grandpa isn't around anymore. Its still a great feeling to have dinner with my uncles, aunts and cousins...to catch up with them like how we've always done every weekend with my grandpa.

Thank God I still have another grandpa staying with me although I still do miss this grandpa of mine dearly...But I had a great birthday!!

No comments: